Develop breakthrough technologies that expand use of sustainable fuel. Vertimass LLC seeks to develop and widely license breakthrough technologies that substantially expand the use of sustainable transportation fuels that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and improve energy security and domestic economies.
Low cost production of sustainable transportation fuels from ethanol for new aircraft, heavy and light duty vehicles, and chemical markets. Widespread use of low cost sustainable transportation fuels for aircraft and heavy and light duty vehicles from multiple sources of biomass on a large scale.
Overcome the blend wall limiting ethanol use in light duty vehicles and access new ethanol markets for air travel, heavy duty vehicles, and chemicals. To overcome the blend wall limiting ethanol use in light duty vehicles and open up new markets for air travel, heavy duty vehicles, and chemicals, expand to new facilities. Improve and demonstrate novel technologies that provide commercially viable lifetimes and yields and widely license the technology to rapidly expand its impact. Initially integrate the technology into existing facilities for rapid market penetration and expand to new facilities that use cellulosic biomass as commercial application of that technology expands.
Successful development and rapid deployment of groundbreaking Vertimass liquid fuels technology will:
- Introduce ethanol into new biofuels markets, significantly expanding their impact
- Provide a new source of fuels to reduce strategic vulnerability.
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Reduce oil imports from unstable regions of the world
An investment in Vertimass must be considered speculative. There are no guarantees of distributions or returns, and an investor may lose all or part of their investment. There are various risks related to an investment in Vertimass which are described in the Private Placement Memorandum. These risks include:
- Emerging Growth Company: The Company is an emerging growth company that is not yet profitable, is without significant operating history, and may experience significant losses for some time after the Offering.
- Expectations of Future Losses: The Company is not currently profitable.
- Failure to Achieve Targeted Raise: As discussed above, the Company is seeking to raise up to an additional $25 million for use as working capital through the
- Offering (the “Targeted Raise”). In the event the Company is unable to raise up to the Targeted Raise, it may not be able to fund its operations as it presently anticipates.
- Illiquid Investment: Members of the Company are not permitted to withdraw their investment from the Company and therefore may have to bear the economic risk of an investment in the Company for a substantial period of time.
- No Assurance of Additional Capital: The success of the Company depends upon receiving significant funding from the net proceeds of this Offering, as well as additional financing.
- No Assurance of Distributions: Members may not receive any cash distributions.
- No Role in Management: Members will be unable to exercise any management functions with respect to the Company. The rights and obligations of the Members are governed by the provisions of applicable Delaware law and by the Operating Agreement.
- Projections: Any projected financial results prepared by the Company have not been independently reviewed, analyzed, or otherwise passed upon. Such “forward looking” statements are based on various assumptions of the Company, which assumptions may prove to be incorrect. There can be no assurance that such projections, assumptions and statements will accurately predict future events or actual performance.
- Changes in Fuel Prices: In recent years, the price of ethanol has been less than the price of petroleum-based fuels, which increased demand for ethanol and other comparably priced alternative fuels. However, the price of ethanol and petroleum-based fuels can drastically change over time so it is difficult to predict how fuel prices will be in the future.